Get rid of this pest with our homemade stink bug trap bottle. You can have it ready in just a couple of minutes with materials that you probably already have at home or even in your garbage can.
Stink bugs are easily recognized by their shield shape. These are mainly plant feeders and they are one of the main nightmares of any garden owner. These plant feeders may not look like a problem individually but they are able to grow really quickly.
Each female stink bug is able to lay around 30 eggs underside the host plant. Now just do the math and you will see how these insects can become a serious problem quickly. Even if you are not a gardener, these bugs release a very unpleasant smell in your house and clothes.
Easy Homemade Outdoor Stink Bug Trap
It is really simple to make a homemade trap to get rid of the stink bugs and all that you are going to need is a plastic bottle, some tape and dish soap to make it work.
- The model is really similar to our homemade wasp trap, you need to cut the top half of the bottle and turn it around.
- Secure the parts using tape.
- Pour water mixed with dish soap inside your DIY stink bug trap, this will eliminate their ability to escape flying.
- If you want improved results, place this trap in a humid dark place. That environment is preferred by stink bugs to live in.
- You may also put an LED light below the trap. This is going to attract the bugs like crazy. You might even catch some other pests that have been around your garden.
If you are having problems in any part of the process making this homemade stink bug trap bottle then you can also watch the following video that explains step by step everything you need to do.
It has virtually no cost, you can have it ready in less than 5 minutes and you can protect your home from further damage. You can always purchase one from the store for about fifty dollars but it is not worth the investment if you can get actual results from things that you already have in your home.