Have you ever wondered if those ultrasonic pest repellent devices actually work? Today, we are going to reveal the truth behind these gadgets and their technology using nothing but ultrasound to get rid of unwelcome guests in your home.
These electronic repellent devices were developed to get rid of a wide variety of pest in your house in a natural and environment friendly way. These gadgets use radio frequencies that are inaudible to the human hear to alter the behavior of animals and insects in the area.
You can find a lot of different opinions around the Internet. Some people say that this is the best artifact ever invented while others presume that this is only a scam.
After doing a small research, we are able to tell you the truth about the electronic pest repellers. This way you will be able to make up your mind and apply the best natural repellent for your current situation.
Benefits of Electronic Pest Control Devices
- Environmental friendly. As this method does not involve the use of chemicals, poisons or traps. It is considered one of the safest and easiest repellent on the market.
- Simple to use. The only thing you need to o is to plug in the ultrasonic unit and it will do the rest. You don’t even have to pick up dead insects or rodents because the sound will repel them not kill them.
- Economical. You don’t even need to do the math to see that you are going to save hundred of dollars a year by buying just a couple of pest control devices instead of a dozen of pesticides and repellents.
- Works anywhere. You can use it in the bathroom, bedroom, basement, garage or even your closet. Just pay attention to the working range of these devices before making a purchase.
Do Electronic Pest Control Devices Really Work?
After running a few tests we have found that not all of them do. Here is a list of some negative effects observed.
- Cockroaches. The research showed that ultrasound does not repel these insects. It only affects their movement patterns making them more erratic. This increases the effectiveness of sticky traps but we don’t recommend you to use the ultrasonic pest repellent as only defense against cockroaches.
- Mosquitoes. You can download an app for your cellphone if you want to test the effect of this technology by yourself. This will significantly reduce the amount of mosquitoes in the area but if one of them lands on your skin, the ultrasound will not prevent the mosquito bite.
- Rodents. The ultrasonic pest repellents have powerful effects on rodents. It will make them want to leave the area immediately. However, after a few days, the rodents will get used to the new sound and eventually ignore it. Making them go back to their “homes”. We recommend you to use a device that works using different frequencies so you can get rid of this issue.
We can tell you for sure that you should get an Bell & Howell pest control repeller. They are excellent to work with: cockroaches, rodents, spiders, rats, ants, flies and mice.
Keep in mind that these gadgets are repellents and are not designed to kill the pest. This is why we recommend to get a bundle pack so you can protect every room in your house. It doesn’t make sense that you just move the problem from one room to another.
If you still have your doubts. You can read a lot of reviews on this brand of electronic repellents which also include a practical LED night light. For the cheap that you can get them, it is worth the try.